Más recursos para estudiantes (y maestros):
- BBC Languages: Mi Vida Loca An interactive video drama and Spanish course Mi Vida Loca takes you on an intrigue mystery adventure to Madrid and beyond in 22 episodes, about 10 minutes each, covering basic learning points for Spanish absolute beginners. A learning section complements each episode where you can go through the vocabulary and grammar in more detail and at your own pace, then complete activities for practice.
- Duolingo Free online Spanish learning program. I have used this program to work on other languages, specifically Portuguese and French. While this program is not communicative, it is a great resource to use in addition to other communicative strategies. Duolingo is also effective at keeping you motivated and consistently practicing the language. I find it really fun too!
- Duolingo Podcast “Fascinating stories in easy-to-understand Spanish.” Listen on any of your favorite podcast platforms! (Google Play Music, Apply Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, iHeart Radio). The typed transcripts are available on the Duolingo Podcast website.
- Estudia Feliz on Youtube **Find my YouTube videos here!**
- Señor Jordan´s Spanish Videos Over 100 videos explaining grammar and basic vocabulary.
- Easy Spanish Youtube Channel Interesting street-style interviews in various cities of the Spanish-speaking world. Each video based on a particular topic. Subtitles in Spanish and English.
- Authentic Spanish Language and Pedagogy A collection of videos of native Spanish speakers telling personal stories. Each video has a transcription with key elements highlighted and/or defined. Categorized by level.
- Basho & Friends Youtube Channel: Catchy, fun songs for learning Spanish.
- Garabato A HUGE collection of children’s literature in Spanish in a variety of formats: children’s stories in many formats (text, audio, video, pictograms, images), fables, plays, poems, riddles, tongue-twisters, and more!
- Zona 33 Preescolar: Cuentos en Powerpoint Illustrated children´s books in Powerpoint format!
Más recursos para maestros:
- Zambombazo: Fun Spanish Worksheets Un montón de materiales excelentes.
- Teachers Act Up Thoughts on Teaching, Language, and Social Change from Dr. Melisa “Misha” Cahnmann-Taylor. Here you will find a large collection of resources for language educators, including an index of theatre games for the classroom complete with video demos.
- The Creative Language Class Tons of great ideas for language teachers!
- Kristy Placido Another amazing teacher website with tons of materials and ideas!
- Mis cositas Another enormous collection of materials for language teachers.
- Your Child Learns: Mega Maps Free maps to print as big as you want!
- Super Teacher Tools Wonderful site for designing games & more useful online materials (timer, spinner, dice, etc.) ! I love making Jeopardy review games!
Ver televisión, películas y documentales en español:
- http://www.rtve.es/ (España)
- Cuéntame cómo pasó TV series from Spain, you can stream all 18 seasons for free!
Música en español:
- Mi Playlist – Un playlist de mis canciones favoritas en español.
- Kevin, Karla y La Banda Youtube Channel: Phenomenal covers! Popular songs originally in English interpreted in Spanish. I like many of their covers better than the originals!
Las noticias en español:
Scholarships, Internships, Grants for Language Lovers
- Cultural Ambassadors: North American Language and Culture Assistants in Spain – Work in an English classroom in a Spanish public school for 9 months.
- English Opens Doors Program in Chile – “Volunteers teach and encourage the study of English while living with Chilean host families and interacting with members of the local community.”
- Fulbright English Teaching Assistant Awards – “The English Teaching Assistant (ETA) Programs place Fulbrighters in classrooms abroad to provide assistance to the local English teachers. ETA’s help teach English language while serving as cultural ambassadors for the U.S.”
- The Fulbright-National Geographic Storytelling Fellowship – “provides opportunities for U.S. citizens to participate in an academic year of overseas travel and storytelling in one, two, or three countries on a globally significant theme. “
- Boren Awards – Unique funding opportunities for U.S. students to study less commonly taught languages in world regions critical to U.S. interests and underrepresented in study abroad.
- The Lamber-Goodnow Injury Law Team College Scholarship – $1000 awarded yearly for two students who are creative thinkers and problem solvers. Due Dec. 1 every year
- The Lamber-Goodnow Injury Law Team Summer College Scholarship – $1000 awarded yearly. Due July 31 every year
- National Grocers Association Foundation Scholarships: 11 different scholarships awarded annually for students with experience working in the grocery or food industry. 2018 applications are closed, but check back for 2019!
- Creative Safety Supply Scholarship – Two annual scholarships for students pursuing higher education in any field at an accredited college, university, or vocational school in the United States. Due July 15 and Dec. 15 each year.
- The FormSwift Scholarship Program – 4 scholarships of $1,000 awarded seasonally for a winning infographic that presents a business plan. Deadlines: March 15, June 15, Sept. 15, Dec. 15
- Fitwirr Annual College Scholarship – $1000 awarded annually for the winning essay about how to eat healthy in college. Deadline Dec. 30 (repeats yearly)
- Express Medical Supply Scholarship – $500 awarded annually for the winning creative entry. This year’s theme: Create a meme about your education experience. Due Dec. 30, 2018
- Comedy Defensive Driving Scholarship – One $1000 scholarship offered twice annually for winning advertisement about the dangers of distracted driving. Deadlines: May 31 and Dec. 31
- The Vegetarian Resource Group College Scholarship – One $10,000 award and two $5,000 awards for graduating high school seniors who have promoted vegetarianism in their schools. Due Feb. 20, 2019 (repeats yearly)
- The Lendza “Better than a Loan” Scholarship – $500 awarded annually for the winning essay from a student with entrepreneurial spirit. Due Dec. 31, 2018.
- Kerri Castellini Women’s Leadership Scholarship – One $500 scholarship is open to female-identifying undergraduate and graduate students who exhibit strong leadership skills. Due Dec. 15, 2018 (repeats yearly)
- “A Voice for Cats” Essay Contest Scholarship – $1000 awarded yearly for winning essay on how to best promote the most human treatment of felines. Due June 30th, 2019 (repeats yearly)
- A-1 Auto Transport Scholarship – $1000, $500, and $250 awarded each year for winning essays about any topic related to shipping automobiles. Due March 10, 2019. (repeats yearly)
- Create-A-Greeting-Card $10,000 Scholarship – Awarded each year to the winning design. Great opportunity for artists and photographers! This year’s entry due March 1, 2018. (repeats yearly)
- The Beliz Law Firm Scholarship – $500 – Make a short video about bicycle safety tips. Due December 3, 2018. (repeats yearly)
- Sleep Sherpa Scholarship Program – $1,000 – Make a short video explaining how you will use your education to make the world a better place. Due May 31, 2018 (repeats yearly)
- Scholarships Open to Undocumented Students